Friday, January 22, 2010

The Fresh Market

While on a work assignment in Virginia Beach, Virginia I had the pleasure of being introduced to The Fresh Market speciality food store. When I heard the phrase 'They have an entire row dedicated to trail mixes!' I knew that I had to check it out!

True to my friend's word, The Fresh Market has at least 20 different types of trail mixes (Sweet Carolina is one of my personal favs) in addition to about another 20 speciality mixes. And if a store has good, fresh banana chips, it definitely ups their ranking with me!

Just when I thought I had already died and gone to heaven, I found the most wonderful snack: purple sweet potato chips! I love, love, LOVE sweet potatoes (I have a baked one about 5 times a week!) so when I saw the purple sweet potato chips, I knew I had to try them. I'll admit that the $9.99 per pound price scared me (well, not really) but I had to taste them. And it was love at first bite!
In addition to the wonderful mixes The Fresh Market has, they also have a fabulous prepared food section (really great for people like me that don't always find time to cook, but like to have a healthier food option available).

I also love fresh flowers and you can get an awesome bouquet of flowers for less then 10 bucks!

6 comments:

Wishing 4 One said...

Yeah for the Fresh Market. I have never been to one, but have been to some similar stores, Sprouts, Whole Foods, etc. I love bulk stuff in those stores, while there i saw almost anything you could imagine covered in chocolate and organic chocolate too. Those purple chips look hot...I love sweet potatoes and purple ones are even better i bet and in a chip, no they didn't! Happy iclw.

Amber said...

We have one of those near us but have never stopped to check it out.. now I want to go! thanks for sharing.

Amber - ICLW
http://amberontherun.blogspot.com/

daega99 said...

I love sweet potato chips - I haven't had any in so long though. The purple ones sound fascinating.

ICLW
http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

Rach said...

Hmmm the chips look interesting tho I have to say I've never been a fan of sweet potatoes myself but we all have different tastes!!

ICLW
Rach
wwww.thegalwho.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

I don't mind paying either when I love the food. :)
I have never seen purple sweet potatoes before. It's intriguing. Here, most people don't even know what a sweet potato is. When I say patate, they think I'm talking white potato and they wonder why I'm showing the weird orange thing. It's because of the word. We call white potatoes patates but it really is a pomme de terre. The sweet potato should be called a patate. Anyway, no purple ones ! :)

Shannon said...

@ Everyone - yes, sweet potato anything (chips, fries) get my attention!

Post a Comment