Tuesday, December 18, 2012

It's Always a Great Time For...Skincare!

Most people who know me know that I am a bit obsessed with skincare and make up. (Side note: just yesterday I found this wonderful skincare and makeup store…but that’s for later!) Imagine my surprise when I received an early Christmas gift notification for a one year subscription to Birchbox!
Let me be the first to admit that I had never heard of Birchbox (although thankfully my sister has!). It is a monthly service that sends you a box of beauty and lifestyle samples each month. Definitely right up my alley since I love to try to new skincare and cosmetic products.

Picture from Birchbox.com

Unfortunately it might be a little while before I see my first Birchbox. I returned to a work assignment before I received the first box. And by time I travel home again, there might be two boxes waiting for me!
Stay tuned, more to come on Birchbox!
Ok, it’s later!
The other day while I was on the search for a Christmas gift for someone I found the most wonderful skincare store….Bluemercury! The best way for me to describe Bluemercery would be to say that it's a boutique version of Sephora or Ulta. The store is much smaller than Sephora and Ulta although it was wall to wall of the best of the best of skin care products. I was like a kid in a candy store!
The staff was extremely helpful without being overbearing and pushy. The icing on the cake is that the store also offers spa services. I was able to get my eyebrows waxed and shopping done at the same time! The particular store that I went to in Woodbury, NY has a new esthetician and I will be taking part of her introductory 50% all facials.
The store also offers complimentary gift wrapping. Major plus for someone like me who loves receiving a pretty package yet hates wrapping gifts!
And although I can't tell you exactly what I purchased (the recipient of said purchases might be reading my blog!) two of the brands that I love are Sara Happ and fresh. Never fear, after the fisrt of the year I'll tell you about the products I purchased.

0 comments:

Post a Comment