· Thinking that I was going to just ‘run in’ Wal-Mart during my lunch hour. Funny how the Speedy Checkout lane isn’t really speedy.
· Learning the hard way that if someone in Wal-Mart offers to let me go ahead of them in the checkout line that I should jump at the offer and not say “Thanks, but I’m fine.”
· Going to a nail place and receiving shoddy work. The nail tech already knew her paint job was questionable as I saw her looking at it. Then she wanted to act offended when I asked her to correct the problem.
· One of my favorite chick lit authors writing an essay for Allure magazine and it leaving me feel a mix of emotions about her thoughts and myself.
· Going to Starbucks and having the Barista know my name. What’s awesome is that this isn’t my local Starbucks and I have only been inside this particular one two times.
· Booking my plane ticket to leave my current work assignment.
· Picking up a postcard to send to a friend’s nephew who is learning about the states in school. Hopefully he doesn’t already have one for the state of Missouri!
· This time next week I’ll be in Washington, DC walking my yearly breast cancer walk!
· Receiving additional donations this week for my breast cancer walk.
· Making a weight loss pact with a good friend of mine. Our first goal is lose 25 pounds before our department annual meeting in January. (Stay tuned for more updates!)