Wednesday, October 10, 2012

DC Bound

The big day is finally here…I’m headed to Washington, DC this morning for the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk!
Even though this will be my sixth walk, I’m looking forward to it with as much excitement and anticipation as I have all of the others. I’m excited about going to our nation’s capital for one thing. I haven’t been there since probably 1987 (wow, am I dating myself!) when my Dad was graduating from the FBI Academy in Quantico, VA. And the presidential election is mere weeks away. I am certain that the city is bustling with lots of extra added energy based on that fact alone. And now throw in hundreds of walkers and crew members fighting breast cancer? It’s going to be great!
I’m excited to be walking in this event with some of my really great friends from my Dallas walking team. This will be the second year that we have traveled together for a walk and I know we’ll have a great time. We’re going in early before the walk and staying later after the walk to take in some sites. It’s really going to be great to see some of the sites while on the walk. In case you want to get an idea of where I’ll be walking, here’s a journey map for you to check out.
The biggest reason I’m excited is the impact that my PINK family will make on creating awareness about breast cancer and raising money to find a cure for breast cancer (which will certainly lead to a cure for all types of cancer). Breast cancer has personally impacted my family and the families of a lot of my friends. It's time to find a cure!
If you’re on Facebook please send me a friend request and you’ll be able to check out what I’m doing. I’m also on twitter as @indygirl_1997.
See ya next week when I return!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post, where is the rss? I cant find it!

Anonymous said...

Wow, superb blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your site is fantastic, as well as the content!

Shannon said...

Thanks for the comments! Per your request I did add a RSS Feed - thanks for the suggestion!

I have been blogging off and on for the past several years. I would love to blog on a fulltime basis. Thanks for the encouragement!

Anonymous said...

You guys did a great job spending your time to create this article! If I had to explain my emotions about your website in only one word ? it would be WOW! Thank you! P.S. Subscribed for updates!

Post a Comment