Sunday, September 27, 2009

Taking My Training On the Road

Since I started training with my team back in July, I have had the fear that I would get deployed to an assignment. About a week ago, my fears came true. I was deployed to El Paso, TX. At least I am still in the same state, but I am 10 hours from Dallas. So no way to continue my weekend training walks. Or at least I thought.

I finally got smart and decided to use the tools that the 3-Day website provides. I searched for other 3-Day participants in the El Paso area. I sent an email to two people that live in El Paso and are registered for the Dallas/Ft. Worth 3-Day Walk.

Fortunately, one of the two people responded to me. At first I thought that my work schedule would prevent me from meeting her, so I didn't respond. Then as the stars lined up, she called me! Little did she know that call was just what I needed.

So this morning I met Barbara and her sister Nancy and we walked 13 miles! Not only did I get a chance to do a longer walk, but I also met two wonderful women, got to see the mountains as I walked, and saw 2 hotair ballons float along in the sky.

Life is good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment